Paper clips are handy for keeping important documents neat and organized, but did you know there are plenty of other ways you can use the mini office supplies in your everyday life? If you need a way to keep your washi tape for unraveling, or put an extra layer of security on your computer’s camera, paper clips can save the day. So stop undervaluing your clips — we’ve compiled 17 unexpected ways you can use them today!
1. Tie a ribbon onto a paper clip to make a cute bookmark.
2. Keep your washi tape from coming unravelled.
3. Stick a paper clip to the end of your duct tape and never lose the seam again.
4. Clogged glue cap? Pop the top off and use a paper clip to clean out the hole.
5. A paper clip with a bit of tape on the end can act as a lint roller for your headphone jack. Gently move it around inside to get out any gunk.
6. This cute ear cuff is made from a paper clip.
See how to make it here.
7. With a few bends and a piece of electrical tape, you can cover up your webcam for extra security.
8. If your zipper pull fell off, use a paper clip to zip things up.
9. Use colored paper clips to make a pretty dream catcher.
10. Harness the power of science and make a paper clip compass.
Learn how to do this here.
11. If you’re trying to work and your sleeves keep falling down, use a paper clip to hold them up.
12. Make an iPhone holder with two paper clips. You’ll never get a sore neck from watching videos again.
13. If you lose a button, a paper clip can save the day until you get home.
14. Make a cool ring from a paper clip with this tutorial.
15. You can make an entire chandelier out of paper clips.
16. Glue a button to a paper clip for an extra dose of cute.
17. You can hang decorative plates on the wall using a rubber band and four paper clips.
Get the instructions here.
That DIY paper clip ear cuff is so cool looking! I want to try and make one of those. Plus, I’m always looking for a utensil to get gunk out of glue bottle openings. I know I’ll never look at a paper clip the same way again!