Here are some key stats from the amendment:
- Monthly active users now total 901 million (up from 680 million a year ago).
- Daily active users are up to 526 million (up from 372 million last year).
- Monthly mobile users now total 488 million.
- 300 million photos are uploaded to the site each day.
- 3.2 billion Likes and Comments are posted daily.
- 125 billion friendships are forged per day.
- Facebook will pay $300 million in cash, plus 23 million shares of common stock for photo-sharing app Instagram.
- If the Instagram deal falls through, Facebook will pay $200 million.
- Revenue for the first quarter of 2012 was $1.058 billion, up from $731 last year.
- Net income dropped to $205 million for the quarter, down from $233 last year.
As much time as I spend on Facebook, I am constantly amazed by some of their changes, their privacy issues, and their big government attitudes. I guess I can’t complain since I realize that I am the product that makes Facebook worth so very much.
Now excuse me as I go share this on Facebook.